Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset

The air grew colder and colder as Keith and I made our way up the slippery, wet rock toward the white stream one May evening. Struggling to keep my camera dry, I tucked it into my shirt, wishing I had brought along my jacket as I shivered from the cold. My skin was drenched, and I could take no more so we stopped and looked up.

The roar of the white water made it hard to talk, but the view was purely breathtaking. The mountain stared down at us from a height of at least 200-300 feet, with a white stream down the middle of black, then gray rock. The white stream came hit the bottom with a hearty roar and a drenching spray. For the first time in years, I felt God's gift of awe and wonder once again, at Bridalveil Falls in Yosemite.



I confess, to my readers, that I am a nature freak. NOT to be confused with freak of nature. *rim shot*

Seriously, though, I LOVE sunrises, sunsets, mountains, waterfalls, etc etc etc. On the way to work the other day Keith and I saw this BEAUTIFUL sky often reserved for NTX evenings: Red and orange across the sky. I have often read that a "Red sky at morning, sailors take warning" (or something to that nature), however this proved to be a lie as it turned out to be a beautiful day, bright and sunny, albeit windy.

Fast forward to this evening. Heading north on one of our main highways home, the sky was painted bright orange, red and yes, even purple. One of the best sunsets Keith and I have seen in a long time. Usually you see these types of sunsets in the summer, not late fall. But I'm not one to complain about this.

Within minutes it turned to yellow and orange, then finally once the sun was down the clouds turned to a gorgeous shade of a brownish color (mauve, maybe?). Alas, I did not have my camera with me so I was unable to capture the moment to share it. It was GORGEOUS. I may need to start carrying my camera with me all the time, except... I don't wanna risk losing it. This may call for buying a cheapie to carry around at all times.

Hmmmmm... Keith has been asking me what I want for Christmas... *wink*


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54