Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! That, of course, means it's... October 31. Yup, the last day of October. As of today, there are only two months left in this year. Where has all the time gone? That in itself is spooky!

Tomorrow will be my last day of freedom from the rat race, for a while at least. The past six weeks have been very enjoyable. One might think that being unemployed and at home is boring, but I beg to differ. My time off gave me time to reflect on not only Keith and myself, but our upcoming, new life with daughter Jessica. I have had an awesome break getting to know her and her every little kick, squirm and wiggle, all while taking better care of myself, a trend that I hope to continue for a very long time.

I still have alot to learn about my daughter, especially her personality. She's alot like her mom, tempramental and energetic, when she wants to be. Earlier today I felt what I thought was a foot between my stomach and ribs, however a quick review with my fingertips dispelled that thought very quickly. It was actually an elbow, knee or even a heel. Something pointy. Soon enough, I am sure I will know without the help of my fingertips what kind of jabs come from what body parts. I can't wait!

This new job will bring new opportunities (hopefully) to the table for us; to learn new things and even re-kindle old relationships with co-workers from Ford. I worked in collections with them for a while before moving to a new team and eventually a new role before briefly losing touch with them. Fortunately we have been able to keep in contact and learn that we will likely be seeing each other at my new job!

Until then, however, I will enjoy my last day of freedom. My last day of total relaxation and sometimes not even knowing what to do with myself. What will I do with that extra time? That is TBD. Guess only time will tell. One thing for sure, though, is I will thoroughly enjoy all my time with Keith. Anything else? Who knows.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54