Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thankful Thanksgiving

Wow. Is it really Thanksgiving already? Yet here I sit, preparing to gorge myself into a food coma and looking forward to it. For the past few days I have been reflecting on what I am thankful for and counting my blessings.

I am thankful for my husband, Keith. He has been my rock through the rough situations we have been through. For those who are fortunate not to know, miscarriages are rough. Keith has been here for me to help keep my head together lately, too- getting ready for Jessica is almost like a full-time job in itself!

I am, of course, thankful for our Jessica Nicole, growing, wiggling and kicking inside me. Call me a maochist, but I thoroughly enjoy every kick, punch, jab and stretch- even if it's in the ribs and hurts like... well, you know. It tells me that she is healthy and doing well, growing like she should. At my appointment last week she looked great! HR was 145 and she measured at 31 weeks (keep in mind it was my 30-week checkup). It's so hard to believe that before we know it, she will be in my arms. I'll be counting her fingers and toes, giving her "raspberries" on her tummy, changing diapers and providing her nutrients, and soooo much more. So here we are, 9 weeks til due date (as of yesterday, officially 31 weeks) and 6 til full-term. wow. just wow.

I am also thankful for our jobs. The schedule is a bit of a pain but hey, it racks in the dough- keeps the roof over our heads and the food coming to our mouths. Right now, that's enough for me.

I am thankful for our family and friends. While we may not spend alot of time with everyone, we still cherish all the memories that do come out of our endeavors, outings and get-togethers, when we do have them.

I am thankful for our health. It will enable us to take good care of Miss Jessica.

Lastly, I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday. Enjoy your time with your family, if you get together. After this, it's time to bring on the Christmas rush. EEK!


Today I leave you with my 31-week pic to show how our little snowflake is growing so fast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

joyous melancholy said...

Look at you grow! It's a beautiful sight. =)

I loved every punck, kick, jab and hiccup too. I miss it now. It was my own private, personal experience with my baby. I didn't have to share him with anyone else, and after waiting so long for him, it was nice to have him to myself for a bit. I thought of it as him letting me know he was okay, he was getting bigger and stronger, and he was as eager to meet me as I was him.

Happy Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54