Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well here I am...

Midnight and I am wide-awake. I must be some sort of night owl or something. Anywho, the storms we've had today were amazing! Rumors of a tornado during one of them... three (so far) in one 12-hour period. Yikes!

The first one caught me out and about, shopping. I bought a dress and two blouses... hmmm I need to upload a couple of pics but am too lazy at the moment. More on that later.

Anyway I had literally JUST gotten back into my car at Lowe's in Allen (75 & McDermott, for you DFW'ers) and the big drops started falling... went across the street into the shopping center over there to get some food then go to Bath and Body Works and I actually managed to get away from the rain for a minute, but just a minute... I was in the drive-thru line (Golden Chick) and noticed how dark it was- I turned on my fog lamps in my car and they actually helped out (usually at 3pm they don't highlight the road very well)! I thought of heading home right after I got my food... but by that time it was pouring cats and dogs- scratch that, make that wolves and tigers. LOL

I pulled away from the drive thru and it was pouring so hard I couldn't see to navigate the parking lot! So there I stayed praying nothing happened til it calmed down. Fortunately the worst we got at my location was very heavy rain, lots of thunder and a spectacular light show. It was totally gone by the time I was done shopping, however storm #2 came in right after I had the car unloaded... same thing. Lots of thunder and heavy rain! #3 arrived after we came home from my birthday dinner and dumped more heavy rain on us. We're soaked!

Let's see what the next 24 hours bring us- it's supposed to rain more tomorrow as well.

I also came upon this story... the Dallas Cowboys' practice facility in Irving, TX collapsed! Several people were injured and transported to the hospital as a result. WOW. The final picture in the slideshow shows the tent flattened. It was actually built back in 2003... yes, a tent. I always had thought it looked tent-like in structure when I drove by it but thought nothing of it. Yikes. Why, oh why, didn't they ever bother to get a real building? Oh, that's right... Jerry Jones is too #$%@&ing cheap! Don't get me wrong, though, I do pray everyone involved is OK and resting comfortably at home tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you stay dry!

CrazyMom said...

yup... stayed dry today... I understand there was a wee-hours storm this morning but other than that it was all dry (rain-wise, anyway)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54