Friday, April 15, 2011

I swore I wouldn't.

10 years ago I would have said "no thanks" (while thinking "hell no!"). "Ew" was my favorite word for it. I would have used the words "cumbersome" and "gaudy" to describe it, perhaps. My stuff would have gotten lost in it.

What is it? The oversized purse. I have usually carried midsize or smallish purses, up until now. My small-midsize bag that I have been using has worked OK, but not anymore.



Diapers, a sippy cup and a few toys, plus my wallet, cell phone and misc junk which I MUST carry with me at all times just weren't getting along in the same bag anymore, let alone fitting. And I refuse to carry a purse AND a diaper bag around multiple places with Jessy. No way, no how. Uh-uh. Nein. Nunca.

I strolled through the aisles at Wal-Mart and a few candidates caught my eyes, but I just wasn't sure. Target had some cute ones, but I just couldn't see plunking down $2900 (read: $29 Hey, I'm on a tighter-than-shoestring budget here!) for a purse which would double as my compulsive-hoarding enabler AND a diaper bag, which will surely endure countless episodes of being tossed around, chewed on, dragged around, having milk and cheerios spilled into it, ah heck, the list goes on and on. Needless to say, once I saw that price tag on the cutie, I kept walking.

Flash forward two days and I am at work. My co-worker walks up to me and asks me which one I want, while holding up two of these purses. One was the perfect size. Exactly what I was looking for, for far less than I was expecting to spend. Hell yeah. It needs a little super glue to fix a small glitch, but once that's done, it will be perfect. Not too big, not too small, juuuuuuust riiiiiight. Off to go bleach my hair blonde and change my name to Goldilocks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54