Friday, March 5, 2010

My, how time flies! One month already!?

My little Jessica Nicole turns one month old today. That's right- one month ago today, I was in epidural heaven in L&D just waiting for the good word to start pushing her out, which was very close at this time. Once all that was said and done, I held a beautiful, 8 lbs 2 oz , 20.5 in. long little girl in my arms.

Today, that not-so-little girl has blossomed up to 9 lbs 12.5 oz, 21.5 in. long and has a 15-inch head! Yikes! I know it's just a matter of time before I'm posting here about her first real attempt at crawling. Lately she has been shimmying (is that a word?) up and down Daddy's and my chests when we hold her in the evenings.

She is becoming more alert these days, with the exception of today- she had her second Hep B shot. It stung her like h-e-double hockey sticks and seemed to make her sluggish today- Her Snowiness had a few choice words (which I will kindly omit here) about it, but once the pacifier was advised by mommy all was ok. She will get a few more shots next month at her two-month visit (but not all 7- mama's skeered of her having a bad reaction to that many viruses in her system. Let's not overload her!). Gotta think about the long term here- she'll be immune to these awful diseases!  Please note that this topic is not open to debate, though... we have made up our minds on this. :)

It's just so hard to believe that this is what she looked like exactly a month ago (OK, minus a day... I had NO energy for pictures right after she was born.. lol).

And this is Her Snowiness today:

Look at how much wider-open those eyes are today!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54