Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF, I think... and more random thoughts.

Today is Friday. Hallalujah. It's been a long week. Boss man has been on medical leave for the past week and is rumored to be coming back next week (YAY! yes, I meant YAY!), which is a good thing... ht's way cool. Casual and funny, like a boss should be.

Next. Some of our sales territories migrated to the other business center as of this coming Monday. With that, some of our "extra" employees are migrating to our advanced collections department; the one that is supposedly remaining once we leave. Yeah, right.. we'll see how long that lasts. Seriously, the writing's on the wall/rumors are flying. It will be interesting, and I will be able to get updates once Keith and I are gone since my SIL also works in that department.

After work we gathered together for one last hurrah for one of said employees. She is one who has been with the company forever and is very knowlegable; our department is going to suffer a loss with her migrating! lol Happy Hour at On the Border. Chips, salsa, beer and laughter. Hell yeah! Even though we have been carefully budgeting our $$ in preparation for our own layoff, we spared a few bucks to go hang out and the change of pace was very nice. It's good to let your hair down every now and then, for the mental health if nothing else. ;)

Keith and I chilled out in the backyard for a little while until the mosquitos found out I was out there, then after that we had to head in. *sigh* Damn skeeters. Always have to ruin everything. :D  Some of those who worked with me at Six Flags will know what I'm talking about. ;)

Tomorrow I will be heading for a baby shower for a family friend of ours, then off to a birthday of a former co-worker's son, while Keith plays golf. At least we have some fun plans for tomorrow! Woohoo!

As for the job search, it is on hold for right now; it seems as though nobody's hiring for July yet, and probably won't be til June, from what I am hearing (from actual recruiters!). So we might as well take a break from that crap for a while. :) The ideal situation would be to get our severance pays then start a job soon after the layoff, as it almost feels like a gamble to jump off this ship too early. (No severance if we leave early, then that crazy glass-is-half-empty person in me asks what if I am laid off from that job? I have actually read about this happening. yuck. I hate searching for jobs!) In a way I feel cheated by this layoff, as I was going to look seriously into our TL (team lead) development program- basically management training. Now I will have to start all over again. Last time I tried to develop my leadership skills, office politics got in the way. (long story, it's a whole other posting, trust me)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ss_blog_claim=7bdcf7d9922247ff48543614eed23e54